Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Fun in the Sun at the Beach at Independence Grove
For the past few summers my friends and I have developed a tradition of spending the day at Independence Grove. We all try to find a day that we are all off of work and take a trip there before we all go back to school. Every year more and more people want to go, which is great.

We try to go when it opens at 10am. It's nice because it is a cheap thing to do when spending the day with your friends. Lake County residents pay only $4 for the day and non-residents pay only $7 for the day at the beach. There are lifeguards on duty which makes me feel a lot better when there are young children in the water.

At Independence Grove you can either pack a picnic lunch or they have a concession stand and cafe. Last year my friends and I packed a picnic lunch and this year we ate from the concession stand. I think next time we will have to try the cafe.

Independence Grove also has boat rentals. My friends and I prefer to do this if the water is too cold. This way we still enjoy the lake and can get some sun without being too cold. I usually make my friends paddle, and I sit in the back and enjoy the scenery.

The forest preserve is really beautiful even if you just wanted to go for a walk. They have trails that go throughout the forest preserve and they are all very well kept. Walking into Independence Grove is just so beautiful. The plants and grass always look perfect.

This is a great place to go not only in the summer, but during any season. I definitely recommend going to Independence Grove for anyone who wants to escape from their busy lives and relax.

[+/-] click to show/hide this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home