Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Tuesday, July 29, 2008
A Day at the Lake County Fair
This past weekend my friends and I went to the Lake County Fair. We go every year, but this year seemed to be the best one yet! It was the fair's 80th anniversary which was exciting. It seemed like everyone visiting and working the fair were all having a great time.

One thing that I always have to do each year at the fair is eat. There are so many different choices of what to eat; no matter what you want it is probably there. I always have to have a huge corn on the cob, that's my favorite. For desert I always know exactly where to go, the Dutch Annie booth. Who ever made up putting vanilla ice-cream between two fresh made waffles is a genius.

My favorite ride at the has to be the Ferris Wheel. It is nice to be able to sit and relax after walking around the fairgrounds. The best part of the ride is when you get to the top and get to see the entire fair. The fairgrounds is so big, you don't even realize it when you are walking. I would have to say the best time to go on the Ferris Wheel is when it is dark. Then you will be able to see all of the vendors' lights on and the fair really sparkles.

When I was little I remember that my favorite part of the fair was going to the demo derby. This year I actually had a friend in it; and it seemed like they had a lot more cars, actually 40 different cars signed up. The demo derby is full of non-stop action. It definitely made for an exciting day.

The was the fair's last year at the Route 45 location. It is sad, but after seeing the plans for the new location on East Peterson Road, I can not wait until the fair in 2009!

[+/-] click to show/hide this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home