Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Wednesday, June 4, 2008
A Relaxing Day at the Chain O' Lakes
For Memorial Day weekend my friends and I decided to go and spend some time cruising on the Chain O’lakes. This is one of my favorite things to do when the weather is nice. I love it because there is always something to do. My grandparents live on a channel right off of Pistakee Lake so all of the hotspots aren’t too far of a ride.

One of my favorite places to go for lunch is Captains Quarters. It is a restaurant/bar located right off of Fox Lake. They also have a boat launch which is very convenient. They always have music playing, and it has a fun tropical feel to it. It makes me feel like I am at a restaurant somewhere in the Florida Keys. They have really good wraps and great smoothies to cool you down after a hot day on the boat. It really gets hopping on Friday and Saturday nights. Every Friday night they have Karaoke, and every Saturday night they have live music.

Another place I like to visit is Blarney’s Island. It is on Grass Lake. The only way to get there is by boat, but this place also makes you feel like you are somewhere tropical. They call themselves “the Key West of the Midwest.” If you don’t have a boat they offer shuttle services to and from the island.

Aside from going to all of the different restaurants that the Chain O’lakes has to offer, I really enjoy just lying out on the boat and relaxing. It is the perfect place to unwind after a long week. Everyone who goes out on the chain is always in a good mood and is so friendly. I am definitely looking forward to more nice days to spend on the Chain O’lakes this summer.

[+/-] click to show/hide this post

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read this blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more soon.

November 19, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home