Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Tuesday, June 10, 2008
KeyLime Cove - through the eyes of a kid by Nerissa Koklamanis

My family and I visited the brand new KeyLime Cove Water Resort in Gurnee, last weekend. When we arrived I noticed the tropical surroundings and all the bright vibrant colors of the hotel. The lobby had stores that you would find on a beach board walk. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and I think everyone greeted us when we arrived. We checked into our room which had two queen beds and a pull out couch. The room was very cheerful with the bright colors. Our parents put an allowance on our arm bands for my sister and I to spend at the hotel. We went down to the arcade, which has a large selection of games to play. My sister and I loved the “Deal or No Deal” game. On our first try together we won the jackpot of 200 tickets and has so much fun we found ourselves coming back to play over and over. We also really enjoyed playing ski ball. We traded in our tickets we won for prizes and candy.

My family had dinner at the Crazy Toucan. My sister and I ordered nachos and kiddy cocktails to start. Our nachos were gigantic but we managed to put a good dent in them. We also ordered burgers but when they arrived we were so full from the nachos, we had to take it back to the room with us. That night we had dessert at D.W. Anderson Eatery and Ice Cream Parlor. Little did we know the portions of their ice cream were huge too. The sundaes were bigger than I have ever seen, and there is even an ice cream dish that is served in a kitchen sink. I’m so glad I didn’t order one because I probably wouldn’t be able to swim in the water park. The next morning we ate at D.W. Anderson’s for breakfast. They had a buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast sticks, muffins, fruit, waffles, cereal and more.

Their water park is pretty big. My sister and I headed straight for the wave pool. We jumped in the waves for a few minutes then we went over to the lazy river and pretended we were being chased by sharks; it was a lot of fun. They have several slides that you can go down, I was a little nervous at first but I tried them all. The first one I went on with my sister was the green tube slide. It was so much fun! Then I went on the blue body slide, it was dark and fun. My dad went on the Tornado and said it was super fun, so I decided to go on that one with my dad. We went around and around several times before getting spin into a hole and down a slide. My sister, dad and I then went to play water basketball and water volleyball. I tried the red body slide next; this one was even more exciting because you did not know where you would be going it was so dark. All of this swimming really made us hungry, so we got a Chicago style hot dog and it was the best one I ever had. After our snack my sister and I went to Toukie’s Big Deluge, it has mini water slides and a giant pineapple dump bucket. We got dumped on three times, two of them we were surprised. Our weekend had come to end and I said goodbye to a tropical resort that is so close to home. I had a great time at KeyLime Cove!

[+/-] click to show/hide this post

1 Comments:

Blogger Elia said...

That's a cute idea to have Nerissa blog! :) Hope all's well in Lake County.

July 9, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home