Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Tuesday, July 22, 2008
A Night at Ravinia Festival
I recently went to a show at the Ravinia and had such an amazing experience. I went with a few friends to see Feist. She is best known for her song “1 2 3 4” from the apple ipod nano commercials. I had never been there before so I wasn’t sure what to expect. My friends have described it to me, but you really have to go there to get the full experience.

We took the train out of Waukegan and it dropped us off right at the gates at Ravinia Park. It was so convenient. It was nice not to have to deal with parking. There were a bunch of other people on the train with their picnic baskets and blankets also going to the show, so we had people to show us where to go. They were all definitely regular Ravinia goers.
Walking into the venue was an experience in itself. There were a bunch of people walking around with their coolers and picnic baskets finding the perfect place to sit. There were people there with candles lit and different food trays. Everybody was having fun and was all there to relax and to enjoy the music.

I was not as prepared as I thought I was. We did bring blankets, drinks, and bug spray, but didn’t think to bring any food. Luckily Ravinia has different restaurants right on site with different types of food. Everyone wanted something different, but that wasn’t a problem at all. One restaurant fed us all with different foods from hot dogs and burgers to really good Asian chicken nachos.

The actual show was amazing. The sound was great and everyone was having a good time. When it was time to leave I thought it was going to be really chaotic. I wasn’t planning on getting home until really late after seeing all of the people that were leaving. I was so wrong! The train was parked and waiting as the show was letting out. The Ravinia had a bunch of employees outside by the train directing people where to go. They had a train ready going north towards Wisconsin, and one going south towards Chicago. We got right on the train, no waiting and no pushing and within 10 minutes we were on our way home.

I had such a good time. I have never had a concert experience like the one I had at the Ravinia. I already bought my tickets for the show next weekend. I would love to go there at least 2 more times before the season is over.

Labels:


[+/-] click to show/hide this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home