Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Jelly Belly
My kids have been asking to visit the Jelly Belly Store in Pleasant Prairie for a while now and last Friday my son’s school had an early release so we decided to visit. The Jelly Belly Store is very easy to find, right on Green Bay Road just over the WI-IL border.
When we first walked in we saw the Sample Bar where you can sample their jelly beans. We asked the gentleman behind the counter about when the next train ride was scheduled. He called the “conductor” right away and told us to wait by the door. We waited about five minutes and then we began boarding. There were four other families taking the tour with us. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the store and warehouse – it was immaculate! The tour started and we were shown videos of how the candy is made; not only jelly bellys, but also taffy and other candies that Goelitz makes. It was very interesting. I was a little disappointed that the facility in Pleasant Prairie is only a warehouse; I wanted to actually see the candy being made. However, the tour was fun and interesting. The warehouse has actual machines that make the candy and the videos are well done. Near the end of our tour we passed some people who were working at the time. They were very friendly to us and waved at our tour group as we passed through, the kids loved this! At the conclusion of our tour the conductor gave us each a sample bag of Jelly Bellys. Needless to say that mine was gone before we left the building!
I asked each of my kids to pick out some candy they would like and we bought some gifts. The store is real nice, more Jelly Bellys than you can imagine! The Sample Bar is great, you can sample all the flavors and mix some together for new flavors too! Jelly Belly only uses natural ingredients whenever possible. My favorite is the Very Cherry, which just happens to be the most popular. Jelly Belly has new flavors now called “Soda Pop Shop”. Jelly beans in soda flavors like Orange Crush and Dr Pepper – yummy!! I wasn’t too eager to try the Harry Potter Jelly Belly’s though. With flavors like buger and puke, it made me wonder…..do they use natural flavors in those too??? I passed on those samples! Although my five year old son thought it was the coolest thing on Earth and had to buy some! Guess I’m getting old.
Overall, we had a really great time at the Jelly Belly Warehouse and Candy Store. I asked my son what he thought of our visit. His response was one word – “sweet!” That seems very fitting!

[+/-] click to show/hide this post

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting site you've got here. Thank you for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

January 27, 2010 at 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home