Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Thursday, November 3, 2011
A Classic Ride to the Volo Auto Museum
I recently took at trip to the west side of the county to the Volo Auto Museum. Now, this was not my first time there. But it amazes me that every time I go to the Volo Auto Museum, that I am in awe of the cars that they have on hand. This is definitely an attraction that the entire family will enjoy.

I am not a big car, but it was really cool seeing all of the cars from the TVs that I watched as a child and movies. Some cars such as the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard and KITT from Knight Rider brought back some great memories. They also have the Batmobile and some extremely unique cars on hand such as an Elvis car. I will have to bring my nephews to the Volo Auto Museum some time to see Lightening McQueen from the movie Cars, which is probably a hit will all the kids that stop by.

But my favorite part of the museum, was their vault! This is something that you can only view if you take their trolley tour which runs on the weekends. In the vault is 2 Princess Diana cars, which are just stunning. There is also Oprah Winfrey's car, Jon Bon Jovi's car, Britney Spears car, Angelina Jolie's car and Charlie Sheen's car. But my favorite car was Michael Jordan's car, which I could stand next to and look at all day. One other thing that I forgot to mention, that my grandpa would enjoy is their military exhibit. It would be great to hear my grandpa's stories while looking at those vehicles.

Will enough about how much I enjoyed the Volo Auto Musuem, below is a short video for some of my favorite cars and what you will see when you visit. What are your favorite cars at Volo Auto Museum?


[+/-] click to show/hide this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home