Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Great Food at Sushi Thai
I love Japanese and Thai food, however, I haven’t been able to find many places around Gurnee that have a great selection of these foods….until now. Over the weekend, I was craving Japanese food so we decided to try Sushi Thai which is located in Libertyville. I have driven by this restaurant so many times but hadn’t actually tried it. We were excited to see what it was like.

The inside of the restaurant is smaller than I pictured it would have been, but it has a nice feel to it. The menu has a lot of options for both Japanese and Thai cuisine. We decided to go with Japanese food this time, however, we plan to return soon to try the Thai food.

We started out with an order of egg rolls and pot stickers. We really liked both of these. I especially loved the sauce that came with the pot stickers. It was a little different than your typical pot sticker sauce so it made the taste a little more unique. I also had a green salad with ginger dressing. I enjoyed this as well.

For our main course, my husband Luke had teriyaki chicken, fried rice and vegetables. I had a California roll. I normally would have ordered more than one roll as my main meal, however, the roll had eight pieces which is bigger than I’ve normally seen, so it was plenty for me. Both of our meals were delicious.
We ended our meals with smoothies made at the smoothie bar in the restaurant. The smoothies are made with fresh fruit and green tea. I had a mango smoothie and Luke had a strawberry banana smoothie. These were so good!

We both really enjoyed our dinner and definitely plan to return to try out more things on the menu. The prices were very reasonable and the wait staff was great. We didn’t have a set waitress, there were several wait staff in the restaurant who stopped by our table to deliver food and take our orders, so we felt that we were well taken care of.

[+/-] click to show/hide this post

2 Comments:

Anonymous Linda Gardner Phillips said...

Nice post - we love Sushi Thai. They are also very accommodating to children & our kids love their crunchy noodles.

February 9, 2010 at 11:03 AM  
Anonymous TsuKata said...

You should try Hayashi in Gurnee if you haven't already. I love their sushi, and they have really great combination choices.

February 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home