Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Dandelion Wine Festival
This past Saturday was the Dandelion Wine Festival in Waukegan. My dad and I decided to check it out. The festival is named after the Ray Bradbury book “Dandelion Wine”, so it’s not actually a wine festival, but a Fine Arts Festival. It was small but nice because it showcased a lot of local performers and some local visual artists and artisans.

It was a very relaxed atmosphere with delicious smells of food being grilled up and giggles from the kids participating in art activities. We enjoyed some Celtic dancing from Noel Rice’s Irish Academy of Music.












While we were there The Waukegan Municipal band had a jazz ensemble playing, which for my dad and I brought back memories of when my siblings participated in the Waukegan Municipal band. They always do a great job.

My dad and I both really enjoyed the renovation of Bowen Park.












Festivals like the Dandelion Wine Festival are great for showcasing this incredible park. The park was rededicated June 7th 2008 and is absolutely amazing! As a former nanny, I wish this park was around a few years ago. The park is all about connecting kids with nature, and this big kid, loved it. It has oversized slides, dish swings, a huge climbing net and tons of other fun activities.



I really suggest you pack a picnic and head out to this park at some point this summer. It’s at 39 Jack Benny Dr, Waukegan, IL 60087


[+/-] click to show/hide this post

1 Comments:

Blogger Loretta said...

Lovely blog and I really interesting wine festival. Never been to one and I look forward to the next one. Please keep me posted.


A mom from the bizymoms Waukegan community .

October 5, 2009 at 12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home