Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Tuesday, March 24, 2009
A night at the Marriott Theatre by Jayne Nordstrom
My husband Steve encouraged me to renew our subscription to the Marriott Theatre. It just makes sense since with a subscription - there's a savings, it's close by, no parking fee and we get 5 Sunday night dates a year. What's not to like? We love the choice of restaurants in Lincolnshire and can enjoy an early dinner.

I had already seen "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in chicago which featured Donny Osmond. Therefore, I was prepared for a difference experience in an intimate sitting. I like that we have to use our imagination since there are few props. The show is short - great for kids. The intermission came after 40 minutes and the entire show is an hour and a half. I've noticed that the theatre's talent just keeps getting better. "Joseph" was great, as was the "Narrator". My favorite character was the "Pharoah". He looked like Elvis, sang like Elvis and rode around on stage on a segway. I would consider driving that machine on stage, an extra talent!

The story's theme about following yoru dreams event though others don't believe in you is encouraging. The music is catchy, costumes are colorful and the story is right out of classic Sunday School. Did I miss Donny and the Chicago Theatre, maybe just a bit. But by the end, we were all standing, clapping and saying, "Go, Go, Go Joseph"! Even my husband Steve enjoyed it. He can't wait until they make a musical out of "The Dirty Dozen". Looks like we'll be renewing our subscription for awhile.

[+/-] click to show/hide this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home