Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Thursday, August 19, 2010
Key Lime Cove Post #3 by Jabberingjessi

So we talked about the hotel room, we talked about the pool/waterpark area. Now last but not least lets talk about well the rest. I did not get as many pictures of the hotel as I would like but with an impatient 2 year old lots of pictures are really not her priority, hers is making me chase her everywhere lol.

Ok so lets start at the front doors and work our way in. When you first come in the door directly in front of you is a huge gorgeous waterfall scene, perfect for picture opportunities if you ask me to show off your families visit.

To the left of the door is the Crazy Toucan restaurant. This is actually the one and only place I got the chance to eat at while we were there, the visit was simply too short to experience everything. I had the most delicious chicken fajitas that were totally to die for but I am a huge fajita fan. Not sure what my sister and her friend got because I was too consumed by my delicious food in front of me.

Of course then you have the front desk and right across from the front desk is a great seating area where you can relax, watch into the waterpark and wait to check in or check out or just get some away time from the kids if need be. What would a tropical paradise be without a bird or two and luckily Key Lime Cove has three actually, two large parrots and one small one. The small parrot sits on top of her cage, the trainer goes across the hotel and calls her and she flies straight to him it is awesome. The two big birds you can actually have your picture taken with, I wanted to with Maddisyn but I never got around to it and I am very sad because of that.

There is a swim shop where you can purchase all your forgotten swimming necessities such as towels, coverups, swimsuits etc. The gift shop was awesome and they had some super adorable clothing choices, I was even able to get the boys an iron on patch for their fire blankets from teh gift shop which was great because that does not happen often.

In the waiting areas off the elevators is a small seating area with a couple chairs, tables and maybe even a small couch to relax on while waiting on your friends/family, really a great idea since I spend a ton of time waiting lmao.

On the ground floor of the hotel along with the pool is a shop, Duke’s Dock Shop, with a ton of different shoe/sandal/croc styles I was so sad I just did not have time to shop. There is also a great arcade that we spent some time at letting Maddisyn run around and pretend to play games and burn off some energy. D.W. Anderson’s Icecream shop is also on this floor, I did not get in because there was not an opportune time to visit with my cranky toddler but I did take some time to peek at it to see and it was so cute themed like an old school ice cream parlor.

Last but not least was Maddisyns favorite place outside of the pool, Leapin Lizards. This is a kids area where they have certain special crafts at certain times like a pictures scavenger hunt, make your own snow cones, color a bird in a cage etc. On top of that you can go in and purchase stuff for your child to paint/color like piggy banks, shirts, bags, pillowcases etc. On top of this there is some coloring pictures that the kids can just sit and color as well as some games to play, movie playing on the tv the entire time we are there, Maddy even got to pick once and picked a Dora cartoon. There are toys, games, puzzles, books you name it this is a great area for kids, I took a bunch of pictures but let me share just a couple with you.

Ok well I know that there is so much more to this resort and that honestly it is not something I can tell you about it is something that you really need to visit and experience for yourself. I will say this is so far one of the most amazing trips that i have ever been able to go on and the only thing that I would change for next time is I would bring my entire family instead of just Maddisyn.

I am again going to say, please do not go with all the negative reviews you have heard of this resort, I was a bit nervous going because of the reviews and they were so wrong and I was silly to even listen to them in the first place, it was nothing but A1 service the entire time.

I was provided a room at KeyLime Cove under their media rate in exchange for this review, the opinions in this post are mine and were not at all swayed by that fact.

Link: http://www.jabberingjessi.com/category/travel/key-lime-cove/


[+/-] click to show/hide this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home