Read our Lake County, IL Blogs

Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Bass Pro Shops
The average American spends nearly 90 percent of their lifetime indoors. With the traditional routine of waking up, going to work, coming home, and going to bed, there is not always ample time to get outside and breathe some fresh air. But what about weekends, days off, vacation time, or any other time spent away from work? Even during such precious moments, we often end up indoors anyway. How could we be so lazy? Don’t we know how much there is to see and do outdoors? Perhaps what we need is some motivation – we need a reason to get off our couches, turn off our televisions, and get outside. A couple days ago, I took a trip to Bass Pro Shops in Gurnee Mills Mall and found plenty of motivation to get outdoors. From fishing equipment to bicycles, Bass Pro Shops provides all the tools necessary to get outside and live a little.
When I first walked through front door, I immediately found myself glaring into an endless sea of outdoor equipment…and I mean ENDLESS – I couldn’t believe how large the building was, and the fact that every section was completely filled with merchandise. This was truly an outdoorsman’s paradise – And being the avid outdoorsman that I am, I couldn’t wait to look around.
I started off towards the right side of the store, walking past dozens of speed and fishing boats on display. Continuing along the walkway, I ended up in the fishing section, where I had never seen so many fishing poles and lures in my entire life. I may not be the most experienced fisherman in the world, but if I was, I’m sure I would have been able to find anything I needed here. Right next to all the fishing tackle was a gigantic fish tank, where several large and exotic fish were shooting every which way through the water. I snagged a couple Rapala lures for my upcoming fishing trip to Colorado, and started exploring some of the other sections.
Next, I came across the camping section. All types of tents, rain gear, and even fire pit necessities swarmed this entire area. Continuing on, I came across the hunting section, which showcased an array of stuffed deer, birds, and even bears! Needless to say, all types of guns, ammunition, and anything else necessary for hunting could be found here. They even had a small shooting range for target practice.
Speaking of target practice, if you’d rather aim at a bull’s-eye instead of hunting, the archery section was only a few steps away. And who could forget about outdoor grilling? Several grills filled a nearby section of the store, each varying in price and special features. If all else fails and you’d rather just go on a bike ride, plenty of mountain bikes were available to fulfill any cycling needs.
It would be nearly impossible for me to name everything else that I came across that day, including footwear, jewelry, and endless outdoor apparel, so you’ll just have to check it out for yourself. Instead of spending all your spare time withering away indoors, why not get outside for some fresh air and exercise? Judging from my visit, regardless of which tools you need to make it happen, Bass Pro will provide the motivation necessary to get started.

[+/-] click to show/hide this post

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Хороший сайт. Так держать!!!

January 10, 2010 at 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

+1 поддерживаю

January 12, 2010 at 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

А мне блог понравился

January 15, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home